[EM] Is it professional?

David L Wetzell wetzelld at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 14:28:50 PDT 2013

The short-cut in my hybrid has been used in some elections  and it had
potential to coopt the momentum of IRV, but I think that FairVote's upgrade
to top-two might take its place...

Now, The same might be true of BTR-IRV, the main draw-back is that seems to
work best with voters ranking the candidates.

I've been presuming that many voters won't want to do a lot of research and
rank all the candidates.  My suggestion doesn't require that to improve on
FPP.
And, the same can be said for the new upgrade FairVote is pushing for.
 Maybe with only 4 candidates, voters will take the time to look at all
four...

dlw

dlw