[EM] Richie/FairVote offer fix to Top Two primary, now let's offer to fix RCV!

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 11:54:53 PDT 2013

This is a good idea, but it would be even better if you used a better
voting system for the second round. In this case, approval or score would
be adequate, but MAV or MCA would be better. If I'm going to dream, then
SODA would be even better.

I know, David, that you value working hand-in-hand with FairVote pretty
highly. And I know that they have objections to approval and score,
objections with which I disagree but which are not entirely without logic.
But from my discussions with Richie, none of his root objections would
apply to a Bucklin system like MAV or MCV or to a delegated one like SODA.
If you think he'd listen to you, I'd be happy to patiently explain my
arguments there, so you could pass them on.

Jameson