[EM] [CES #8791] Upper-Bucklin naming (was: Median systems, branding....)

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax abd at lomaxdesign.com
Mon Jun 17 15:08:46 PDT 2013

Premature, in my opinion. Rather, *we have not developed a consensus,
to my knowledge, on this method as a second reform.* We should, my
opinion, have a settled consensus on the exact method, as step two,
before insisting on the name. The name should indeed have "approval"
in the name. FairVote successfully piggy-backed on "runoff voting"
with IRV, and the problem was that they made false promises. Bucklin
*actually finds majorities*, under some conditions, probably more
often than does IRV, for reasons I've documented.

"Instant runoff approval" *actually describes the method.* DAT
describes the voting strategy.

Cumulative Approval also describes it.

When we have a consensus on the method, we can formally collect names
and set up an actual poll, the tools exist, or we can delegate the
choice by any of various methods.