[EM] Participation Criteria and Bucklin - perhaps they *can* work together after all?

Benjamin Grant benn at 4efix.com
Mon Jun 17 11:56:02 PDT 2013

OK, let's assume that as defined, Bucklin fails Participation.

Let me specify a new criteria, which already either has its own name that I
do not know, or which I can call Prime Participation:

"Adding one or more ballots that vote X as a highest preference should never
change the winner from X to Y"

In other words, expressing a first place/greatest magnitude preference for
X, if X was already winning, cannot make X not win.

This may be another one so basic that few or maybe no real voting systems
fail it?

-Benn Grant

eFix Computer Consulting

 <mailto:benn at 4efix.com> benn at 4efix.com