[EM] Participation Criteria and Bucklin - perhaps they *can* work together after all?

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 11:23:47 PDT 2013

2013/6/17 Benjamin Grant <benn at 4efix.com>

> Is **this** an example of Bucklin failing Participation?****
>
> ** **
>
> 5: A>B>C****
>
> 4: B>C>A****
>
> ** **
>
> A wins

Right

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> But add these in:****
>
> 2: C>A>B****
>
> ** **
>
> B wins.

Yes, with your "tiebreaker". Good job. But for other Bucklin "tiebreakers",
you might have to change this scenario some. For instance, in ranked ¿DAT?,
this example doesn't work, as A still wins after the added votes. However,
ranked ¿DAT? still fails participation in the more-complex scenario I gave
earlier.

Jameson