[EM] A dissent for Ben

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 13:50:15 PDT 2013

I respect David's position and am happy to let him express it, but I would
like to point out one moment when he steers close to building a straw man
out of the rest of us:

2013/6/16 David L Wetzell <wetzelld at gmail.com>

> ...we don't need to figure out the best single-winner election rule...

Those of us on this list who are more-or-less skeptical of IRV are mostly
not engaged in "only the best is good enough" thinking. For instance, there
is a broad movement for consensus activism behind the simplest possible
improvement, approval voting, even though approval activists would often
differ substantially on what the best system is or what the next step after
approval should be.

Jameson