[EM] Does Top Two Approval fail the Favorite Betrayal Criterion

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax abd at lomaxdesign.com
Fri Jun 7 16:39:54 PDT 2013

At 10:51 AM 6/7/2013, Jameson Quinn wrote:
>I'm sorry, I don't want to get into an interminable back and forth
>with someone who misuses my name and doesn't apologize, and prefers
>"you didn't prove it!" to working anything out for themselves or
>asking nicely for evidence.

Jameson, I responded substantially and in detail to your claim of FBC
failure. You are not obligated to respond to anything. You showed
nothing, not even a weak evidence, beyond the name "turkey-raising,"
just a claim. And if you are content with that, that's your privilege.

For me, and so far, unless someone comes up with a plausible
scenario, it stands as demonstrated that a claim of FBC failure for
top-two runoff, based on a "turkey-raising" strategy, is meaningless.
Turkey-raising, under Approval/runoff, does not establish FBC
failure, because one could still vote for the Favorite without
harming the strategy.

As we will see more proposed usage of approval and approval methods
with runoff voting, it's an important issue.

Who misused your name? What are you talking about? What is to
apologize for? It's "not nice" to point out that a point has not been
supported? What?

(no more original content below.)