[EM] proportional constraints - help needed

Peter Zbornik pzbornik at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 01:47:20 PST 2013

James, Jonathan,

I need that the quoted-in people are quoted-in in such a way, that the
proportionality of the election is not significantly disturbed.

I think Rosenthiel's approach has the following insufficiencies:
If I elect five women, and then increase the number of elected seats
until two more men have been elected, then we might end up with a
situation, where
a] one coalition of voters get all the seats (the easiest example is
when we elect two ordered seats, one man and one woman) - i.e. the
resulting list is not a proportionaly ordered list
b] one coalition of voters get all the qouted-in men - i.e. the
resulting list has no proportionality between gender.

Best regards
Peter Zborník