[EM] proportional constraints - help needed

Peter Zbornik pzbornik at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 12:37:06 PST 2013

Hi Kristofer,

I am afraid your approach might in some cases not lead to
proportionally distributed quoted-in candidates.

For instance, say we have three coalitions: A, B, C.
Coalition A and B get their first place candidate
Coalition C get their second place candidate quoted-in (i.e. they
would prefer Agda, but they get Adam due to the quota rules).
Coalition A and B get the third and fourth place candidates respectively.
Coalition C, again, get their fifth place candidate quoted in (i.e.
they would prefer Erica, but they get Eric due to the quota rules).

This approach leads to an unproportional distribution of quoted-in
seats (candidates) as Coalition C get both of the quoted-in candidates
and Coalition A and B get none.

Best regards
Peter Zbornik