[EM] electowiki article edit won't post

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax abd at lomaxdesign.com
Mon Oct 15 21:01:59 PDT 2012

At 12:45 PM 10/14/2012, Michael Ossipoff wrote:

>I edited the article, and clicked on "Save Article". The screen asked
>me what is the word in the website's logo, excluding the exclamation
>mark. I answered, in the blank that was provided, "Electorama".
>(without the quotes). Then I, again clicked on "Save Article". But
>again I was returned to the editing page, with the same question
>asked, about the word that is in the website's logo, excluding the
>exclamation mark.
>
>What does it take to post an edit?

It may take reading the instructions more carefully. It asks for the
word in the logo, *including* the exclamation mark.

Having read your comment, when I first tried it, I read it the same
way as you! Then I suspected that I needed to log in. After I did, I
found that it's still running a 'bot test for logged-in users, with
an old account like mine. I read it more carefully.

Oh. "Including." So the word that must be typed is

Electrorama!

with the exclamation point.

>It seems too me that what I did when trying to post this edit was the
>same thing I did whan I posted the initial article.

Unless it's presenting a different test, no, you may have remembered
incorrectly. And followed what you remembered instead of what it was
actually saying. The mind does that. It may trust what it remembers
more than what it sees. Happens all the time.