[EM] Let's clear up some confusion

Juho Laatu juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 4 12:24:48 PDT 2012

On 4.10.2012, at 16.18, Michael Ossipoff wrote:

> You said:
>
> Maybe you don't worry about recommending voters to turn strategic in
> Condorcet elections since you don't like (or trust) Condorcet methods
> very much anyway.
>
> [endquote]
>
> That isn't true. Symmetrical iCT is a Condorcet method, and I like and
> trust Symmetrical ICT.

I think you recommended Symmetrical ICT for informational polling. I guess you like and trust it within that framework.

> You said:
>
> I think that a considerable part of the benefits of ranked methods
> would be lost if people would have to resort to strategic voting, and
> not indicate sincerely which candidates are good.
>
> [endquote]
>
> Good point. So then, you're therefore changing your proposal from
> margins to Approval, right?

Probably not, unless you manage to arrange some Condorcet elections and spread the message of strategic voting well enough. Hopefuly also Approval elections and good propaganda in the reverse direction. :-)