[EM] Throwing my hat into the ring, possibly to get trampled

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 15:56:40 PDT 2012

Seems to be a strange hybrid of ranked Bucklin and IRV-like elimination. I
would need more time to process it fully, but at first blush, I don't think
your "proof" that it's monotonic holds up. Raising a candidate means
lowering some other candidate; eliminating that other candidate can change
other ballots; and that could lead to the raised candidate being
eliminated. Haven't come up with an example, but you certainly seem to have
left this possibility out of your proof. I further suspect that if
monotonicity breaks down, then IIA almost certainly will as well.

In general, your method is a ranked one, so it's unproblematically subject
to Arrow's limitations. If it meets IIA, which other Arrow criterion does
it fail?

Jameson

ps. when it comes to methods with incredibly awesome
properties<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Homunq>that are too new
to even merit a wikipedia page... why not stay with SODA
voting<http://wiki.electorama.com/wiki/SODA_voting_(Simple_Optionally-Delegated_Approval)>:)