[EM] TTPBA,TR

C.Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jan 14 17:37:32 PST 2012

Mike,

> One thing that I like about the tied-at-top methods is that they elect
> A in the ABE,
> meaning that one-sided coalition support is sufficient to defeat C,
> but without giving
> the election away to B.

By the  "ABE", do you mean this?

27: A>B
24: B (sincere is B>A)
49: C

> Of course the election of A violates the Plurality Criterion, but
> that's fine with me.

I wrote in the post suggesting this method that TTBA//TR meets the
Plurality criterion. So does Kevin's ICA method.

In the above example no ballots have any any candidates tied in top
position (i.e. more than one candidate top-rated), so in that case
TTBA//TR is the same as Condorcet//TR (and ICA is the same as
Condorcet//Approval).

http://wiki.electorama.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tied_at_the_top

x: A
1: C=A
1: C=B
x: B

x is any number bigger than 1.  MMPO elects C.

> As currently defined, ICT elects C in Kevin's MMPO bad-example.

No it doesn't.

27: A>B
24: B>C (sincere is B>A)
49: C

> ICT has burial strategy. In the ABE, the B voters can make B win by
> burying A, by middle-
> rating C but not A.

I assume that you are talking about the above example. A candidate that
is not the most top-rated can't win unless its the sole TTBA winner. In
the above example there are no TTBA winners so the
TTBA//TR winner is C

Chris Benham