[EM] élection de trois élection de trois

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Sun Feb 19 18:39:40 PST 2012

They are quirky because of IIA. The papers on this are from the 1970's. Quote Wikipedia:

"The Gibbard–Satterthwaite theorem, named after Allan Gibbard and Mark Satterthwaite, is a
result about the deterministic voting systems that choose a single winner using only the preferences
of the voters, where each voter ranks all candidates in order of preference. The Gibbard–Satterthwaite
theorem states that, for three or more candidates, one of the following three things must hold for every
voting rule:
	1. The rule is dictatorial (i.e., there is a single individual who can choose the winner), or
	2. There is some candidate who can never win, under the rule, or
	3. The rule is susceptible to tactical voting, in the sense that there are conditions under which a voter
with full knowledge of how the other voters are to vote and of the rule being used would have an incentive to vote in a manner that does not reflect his preferences. "

I do wish we only posted in text. If I quote an html email as text I don't get any > symbols anymore to mark
what the other person said. And if I quote it as html, I have to supply my own indentation and still don't get
any marker next to the quoted text.

Kevin