[EM] Utilitarianism and Perfectionism.

James Gilmour jgilmour at globalnet.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 16:17:22 PST 2012

> Juho Laatu   > Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 8:07 PM
>
> As I earlier wrote, I think the US has many options on how to
> go forward with the reform. The presidential election is
> maybe the most interesting one.

Juho
This may be the most interesting election, but as it is almost certainly the most difficult in which to achieve any practical
reform, it is perhaps best left to last.  The vested interests in maintaining various aspects of the electoral college system are
such that much more could be achieved by turning the single-winner focus on to other single-winner elections.  And of course, along
with that, I would recommend changing the voting systems for all the various "representative assemblies" to make them properly
representative of those who vote.  Once these are all in place, the presidential election will stick out like a sore thumb.  Your
chance of reform of the voting system for that election will be much greater then.

James