[EM] Symmetrical-IC-Beatpath(lv)?

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 20:01:26 PST 2012

What if, in Symmetrical ICT, the top-count were replaced with Beatpath(lv)?

I'd call that Symmetrical-IC-Beatpath(lv), or SICBlv.

I don't know what its properties would be. I don't know what the
properties of any of the losing-votes methods would be.

But I mention SICBlv because I don't know for sure that it wouldn't
have a very good set of properties.

As Chris suggested, lv seems to avoid the chicken dilemma. Improved
Condorcet brings FBC compliance. The "Symmetrical" in Symmetrical IC
brings compliance with 0-info Later-No-Help. Of course Beatpath meets
Mutual Majority and Clone-Independence. So, would SICBlv meet every
criterion that Symmetrical ICT meets, and also Mutual Majority and
Clone-Independence?

That's a lot to ask. I'm not saying that it's so. I'm just saying that
I don't know that it isn't so.

If it's s, then maybe SICBlv would meet:

FBC
CD
Condorcet Criterion
0-info Later-No-Help
Mutual-Majority
Clone-Independence

I'm not saying that's so. As I said, I don't know the properties of
SICBlv, or any of the losing-votes methods.

That's why it would be premature to advocate or recommend them.

Anything that I say about SICBlv is pure speculation.

Mike Ossipoff