[EM] Symmetrical ICT program, with errors fixed

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 08:21:01 PDT 2012

2012/8/24 Michael Ossipoff <email9648742 at gmail.com>

> I've printed the program out, and now I feel that I've probably found
> and corrected all of its errors.
>
> This pseudocode is for counting Symmetrical ICT, a rank-count which, I
> claim, avoids the strategy problems otherwise distort voters sincere
> expression of preferences--does so better than any other rank-count.
>
> It meets FBC; is defection-resistant (maning that it avoids the
> Chicken Dilemma);

In what sense does it avoid the chicken dilemma? If there are A(>B>C),
B(>A>C), and C(>A=B) voters; and n(A)+n(B) > n(C) but n(C) > n(A) and n(C)
> n(B); and it is not known whether n(A) > n(B); then how should an A voter
vote so as to ensure that:

➊ If n(A) > n(B), then there is no strategy for the B voters to elect B
➋ If B voters vote in the symmetrically similar manner, and n(B) > n(A),
then C is not elected. (That is to say, by ➊ and symmetry, B will be.)

Jameson