[EM] Declaration of Election-Method Experts and Enthusiasts: final stretch

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Wed Sep 7 03:14:14 PDT 2011

Noise, but possibly worth a response.

In writing about a Condorcet race the standard format seems to be A>X>Y.

For voting the ballot format seems to be to be able to assign rank
numbers to as many of the candidates as the voter chooses.

In reporting election results the n*n matrix has findable values for
each pair of candidates.

Robert calls the format he has seen for the matrix "silly", and
suggests another format.

The reporting is a human readable copy of what is being computed -
with the computing almost certainly done by computer if many
candidates.  Therefore a reporting format such as Robert's would be
usable if humans could agree - or even have selectable choices of
formats if enough desire.

Dave Ketchum