[EM] This mailing list as a forum?

Toby Pereira tdp201b at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 10:40:29 PDT 2011

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but most discussion groups on the internet (certainly the ones I use) use forums with separate threads for topics, rather than a mailing list. I think forums are easier to use and the threads are easier to follow. It's awkward to reply to topics on here unless you have individual e-mails sent to your inbox and it's a full-time job to put them into a separate folder. You can't reply via the central "hub". Mailing lists are the FPTP of the internet discussion world! Any thoughts?