[EM] This mailing list as a forum?

Andy Jennings elections at jenningsstory.com
Fri Sep 2 22:43:02 PDT 2011

Toby,

I agree that it is a pain to try to reply to the digest.  I've switched to
receiving every message as a separate email and it seems much easier.  The
downside, as you say, is that there are a lot of messages sometimes.

I would support moving to Google Groups because I think it would be a strict
improvement over what we have now: after the adjustment period, life would
be worse for no one and strictly better for some.  But there would, no
doubt, be a learning curve for some people.

And then there's the risk of what happened on the range voting list.
 Someone created a Google Group with the intent of moving from Yahoo Groups
to Google, but then some people didn't want to move and so now there are two
lists to follow.  One on Yahoo and one on Google.

~ Andy