[EM] Deliberative polling

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sat Sep 10 11:45:35 PDT 2011

Speaking of which, he just posted this:

http://lists.thataway.org/scripts/wa-THATAWAY.exe?A1=ind1109B&L=NCDD-DISCUSSION#4
----- Forwarded message from James Fishkin <jfishkin at STANFORD.EDU> -----

From: James Fishkin <jfishkin at STANFORD.EDU>
Subject: video from broadcast about Ca citizen deliberations now available online
To: NCDD-DISCUSSION at LISTS.THATAWAY.ORG

Dear all: the Judy Woodruff moderated special is now online with
sections on four topics for citizen deliberation:
reforming the initiative
reforming the legislature
reforming state/local relations
tax and fiscal issues.
In each case, there were initiative proposals that were strongly
endorsed by the deliberating microcosm. Some of these are likely to
make it to the ballot next year.
See:

http://cdd.stanford.edu/mm/2011/ca-state-of-mind/

When the People Speak:
Deliberative Democracy and Public Consultation

James Fishkin

Available now through all good bookshops, or direct from Oxford
University Press at:
http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780199572106.do (UK)
Or
http://www.oup.com/us/catalog/general/subject/Politics/PoliticalTheory/?view=usa&ci=9780199572106 (USA)