[EM] Kristofer Musterhjelm

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at lavabit.com
Fri Nov 25 05:45:22 PST 2011

Jameson Quinn wrote:
> Mostly I agree with what Kristofer says. Where I don't agree, I still
> think that Kristofer is a living example of why there are both
> principled and pragmatic reasons why "everyone shut up and support my
> method" won't work; or at least won't work today, not until we start out
> by broadening consensus and deepening trust with honest agreement like
> the Statement.
>
> One pet peeve I can't let pass, though:
>
>> Yes. If I'm a Green voter, IRV is the Democrat party:
>

> Please: both grammar and most party-members would tell you it's the
> Democratic party. The name "Democrat party" is essentially a puerile
> provocation invented by Fox News.

Sorry about that. Wikipedia seems to say that this phrasing has been
used in a non-pejorative manner in certain areas of the US (and fits
with a pattern of nouns-as-adjectives, e.g. "the Iraq war"), but there's
still no need to offend others, so I'll grant what you're saying.

"IRV is the Democratic party", then. I'll try to remember it next time :-)