[EM] More non-altruistic attacks on IRV usage.

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 02:52:11 PST 2011

I absolutely agree. We should not waste energy fighting over which election
system is the ideal. For instance, if we are given the opportunity to sign
a statement which clearly states some of the problems with the current
system and supports several solutions we believe would help, including
giving weak support to the solutions we consider best, we should sign it,
not waste our energy criticizing the precise levels of support it gives to
the various options.

The statement is supportive of PR, and it also clearly says that IRV has
advantages over plurality.

Jameson