[EM] Poll for favorite multi-winner voting system

⸘Ŭalabio‽ Walabio at MacOSX.Com
Fri Nov 18 17:07:00 PST 2011

	2011-11-18T04:20:27Z, “Jeffrey O’neill” <jeff.oneill at openstv.org>:

> 	The poll for favorite multi-winner system ends on Sunday.  Please get your votes in soon if you would like to participate.  I will post a summary of results as I did for single-winner systems.

	Firstly, before replying, you should read this:

	http://web.archive.org/web/20080113211450/http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting.html

	This poll is terrible:

	Due to lack on nominations, the best methods, Asset-Voting and Reweighted Range-Voting, are not listed.  Methods such as Approval, plurality,et cetera are nonproportional.  The voting method is proportional, despite this being single-winner, so the results probably will be garbage due to nonmonotonicity.

	For someone running an electionsite, you do not seem to know a thing about electoral methods.