[EM] Descending Acquiescing Coalitions versus Nested Acquiescing Coalitions

C.Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Thu Nov 17 09:02:16 PST 2011

Forest,

This NAC method suggestion of yours fails my Descending Solid Coalitions
bad example:

49: C
48: A
03: B>A

NAC, like DSC and FPP, elects C while DAC  elects the MDT ("Mutual
Dominant Third") winner A.

DAC goes AC96 (disqualify B), AB51 (disqualify C), A wins.

NAC skips AB because that includes an already disqualified candidate and
next goes to C49 and
disqualifies A.

> Which of the good properties of DAC are retained by NAC?

I think Majority for Solid Coalitions and probably Clone Independence
and maybe some others.
I'd be surprised if it meets Participation.

Chris Benham