[EM] Election Day causes stress

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Sun Nov 13 13:00:33 PST 2011

Really a trivial question, and brings us back to looking closer at
Condorcet.

IRV also does ranking, but has a different order of looking at ballots:
       Vote for minor candidate?  Likely discarded when seen, thus of
little effect.
       Vote for third party before major?  May prevent major being
seen when most effective.
       Vote for major before third party?  This could be the day this
third party needs seeing quicker to win.

Ranking methods only require deciding which candidate is better, while
range also asks how much and for voter to be understood when
expressing that "much".

Dave Ketchum