[EM] My blog review of ERS's e-Pamphlet against PR myths

David L Wetzell wetzelld at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 20:08:55 PST 2011

http://anewkindofparty.blogspot.com/2011/11/pr-myths-busted.html

As mentioned earlier, I think that ERS's args against party-list PR
<http://anewkindofparty.blogspot.com/2011/05/electoral-reform-society-united-kingdom.html>
are
subverted by the use of 3-seat LR Hare.

The resistance in the US to PR can be overcome by good marketing and the
use of 3-5 seat forms of PR for "more local" elections that do not threaten
our two-party-dominated system and that tend to rarely be competitive in
single-stage single-winner elections due to de facto segregation by
characteristics associated with political preferences.
dlw