[EM] C//A

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 04:54:58 PDT 2011

> I think voters could be confused over that where one truncates actually
> matters to the method. That is, the method isn't resolvable if everybody
> votes untruncated and there's a cycle; no single ballot can break the tie
> unless it also breaks the cycle. Further, if only some people truncate, that
> would give power to them.

I understand that there's a strategically-important difference, for an
honest A>B>C voter, between A>B and A. However, I think that it's entirely
natural for such a voter to truncate C at least. Even if there's an
unelectable D=Cthulu, most people's first instinct would be to truncate
C=Sheriff of Nottingham.

JQ