[EM] PR for USA or UK

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 18:50:12 PDT 2011

I agree that PRV would give better results, with sophisticated voters, than
most forms of PR. However, it does fail my criterion 4 (simple ballots) and
do worse than SODA-PR on criteria 5(smooth transition) and even arguably
1(true proportionality - because separate districts spoil the
proportionality). If you don't think these criteria are reasonable, you
should give that argument.

I started out with a list of criteria because I think that's the right place
to start when you're looking for a practical system.

JQ