[EM] Median-based Proportional Representation

Toby Pereira tdp201b at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 9 03:52:34 PDT 2011

I had a look at your system -
http://www.mail-archive.com/election-methods@lists.electorama.com/msg07066.html -
 I think I might have to look at it again to get it! But one thing about
percentiles. As I understand it, people often disagree about how to calculate
percentiles. The one I agree with on here -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percentile - is the one recommended by NIST. Where
P is the percentile and N is the population, the ranked posistion would be P/100
* (N+1). Does your system have an inbuilt assumption about this?