[EM] Why is wikipedia so biased pro-IRV?

⸘Ŭalabio‽ Walabio at MacOSX.Com
Wed Feb 23 12:40:03 PST 2011

> 	Can anyone tell me the history?  How did the wikipedia on IRV get taken over by the proponents of IRV?

> 	http://wikipedia.org/wiki/instant_runoff_voting

	This is simple:

	FairVote has made it 1 of its objectives to control this article:

	1 of the greatest strengths of WikiPedia.Org is that anyone can edit it.  1 of the greatest weaknesses of WikiPedia.Org is that anyone can edit it.  What this means is that the average length of an article Wikipedia.Orgis 10x the length of an average artiicle in a traditional Encyclopædia.  WikiPedia.Org has 10x the number of articles of a traditional EncycloPædia.  The average quality of an article is only 90% of a traditional Encyclopædia.

	An even better example of an hijacking of an article is Circumcision:

	http://WikiPedia.Org/wiki/circumcision

	Compulsive childmolestors have hijacked the article and filled it with lies advocating for forced sexual genital mutilation of minors.
an example of an article where everything went right is Cassini–Huygens:

	http://WikiPedia.Org/wiki/Cassini–Huygens

	I recommend that you read the 2 articles above so that you can see how bad and  good WikiPedia.Org can be.

	If one wishes to correct IRV, one will have to fight FairVote and try to win admins to one’s side