[EM] mutual majority set

Paul Kislanko kislanko at airmail.net
Sun Feb 6 16:20:36 PST 2011

I try to follow these discussions, but eventually every one of them turns
into jargon thatI don't have time to research. I'm confused by the term
"mutual" majority, which by it's nae ought to imply finding the subsets of
VOTERS who all have the rankings. But all of the theorems are about
alternatives, not voters.

http://sebaseball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1048&CID=1185716

describes an "election" with 5 voters and 300 alternatives. It is obvious
from the "Count of votes by rank" and the "Pairwise rankings" for all
alternatives on a majority of ballots that the Smith Set consists of three
alternatives.

My definition of "winner" amongst the three is the one with more votes for
#1+#2 than the others, even though the other two have more votes for #1.

My method is basically Bucklin. My question is, given the input on that
page, what subset of the voters { BA BL BW CB CP } constitute a "mutual
majority"?