[EM] Forest: MAMT

fsimmons at pcc.edu fsimmons at pcc.edu
Wed Dec 14 13:37:14 PST 2011

Chris and Mike,

I think I finally have the right version which I will call MSAC for Majority Support Acquiescing Coalitions:

Definitions:

A coalition is a subset of the candidates.

A ballot acquiesces to a coalition of candidates iff it rates no candidate outside the coalition higher than
any member of the coalition.

A Majority Support Acquiescing Coalition is a coalition that is acquiesced to by more than half of the
ballots.

A Majority Support Acquiescing Coalition is minimal if it ceases to be a Majority Support Acquiescing
Coalition when any one of its members is removed.

Method Definition for MSAC:

(1) First find all of the Minimal Majority Support Acquiescing Coalition.

(2) Among these call the one with the greatest support G.

(3) Elect the member of G with the greatest average rating.