[EM] the "meaning" of a vote (or lack thereof)

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sat Aug 27 13:22:55 PDT 2011

Dave Ketchum wrote:
> TRULY, this demonstrates lack of understanding of cause and effect.
>
> IF the flask capacity is 32 oz then pouring in 1 oz  will:
> . Do nothing above filling if the flask starts with less than 31 oz.
> . Cause overflow if flask already full.
>
> In voting there is often a limit at which time one more would have
> an effect.  If the act were pouring sodas into the Atlantic the
> limit would be far away.

Please relate this to an election.  Take an election for a US state
governor, for example.  Suppose I am eligible to vote.  I say my vote
cannot possibly affect the outcome of the election.  You say it can,
under certain conditions.  Under what conditions exactly?

Note my critique of Warren's proof in the other sub-thread:
http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/2011-August/028266.html

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, +1 416-699-9528