[EM] Record activity on the EM list?

James Gilmour jgilmour at globalnet.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 04:21:57 PDT 2011

There is only one real issue in elections: representation of the voters.

If in a single winner partisan election the voters vote 51% for A and 49% for B, we have a major problem in representation.

But if the voters vote in the same way (51% to 49%) in a two-member election, any sensible voting system will give one seat to A and
one seat to B.

Compared to that difference in providing "representation of the voters", all the other differences between single-winner and
multi-winner elections are trivial.

James