[EM] Record activity on the EM list?

Juho Laatu juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 23:07:01 PDT 2011

Yes, there are areas where single-winner methods are more challenging. For example multi-winner STV works better than single-winner STV, and it is easier to collect sincere ratings in multi-winner methods than in single-winner methods. On the other hand the field of study may be wider in multi-winenr methods (a bit like N is more complicated than 1). In multi-winner methods we may have some additional aspects to study and solve like proportionality, geographical proportionality and the computational complexity related problems tend to cause problems. Individual problems may thus be more numerous in multi-winner methods although some individual problems may be more challenging in single-winner methods.

Juho