[EM] Election-Methods Digest, Vol 76, Issue 7

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 13:48:16 PDT 2010

Indeed, all forms of MCA satisfy mono-add-plump (unless a non-compliant
method is used to choose the finalists for the runoff in MCA-IR or MCA-VR).

In fact, they satisfy an slightly stronger criterion, let's call it
mono-add-antiplump. You cannot cause Y to win by adding a ballot which
doesn't approve Y (that is, votes them at the lowest rating possible).

Also, I agree: thanks, Kristopher, your explanation of monotonicity is
great.

JQ