[EM] Proportional election method needed for the Czech Green party - Council elections

Markus Schulze markus.schulze at alumni.tu-berlin.de
Sun May 9 09:59:04 PDT 2010

Dear Peter Zbornik,

you wrote (9 May 2010):

> Basically, I have to come up with some method or way
> to select one of the two rankings you gave for A10,
> A12, A23, A33, A67. That is a real problem.

I recommend that you should solve indecisive situations
by using the numbers of the member ID cards of the
candidates.

You wrote (9 May 2010):

> By the way, out of pure curiosity, could a hybrid
> ranked ballot, i.e. a ballot on the form A=B>C=D>E,
> be used in Schulze-STV in theory, without sacrificing
> any of the good properties of the method?

Yes, the Schulze STV method and the Schulze proportional
ranking method can handle situations with incomplete
individual rankings without sacrificing any of the good
properties.

Markus Schulze