[EM] Lottery Voting

peter.stone at stanford.edu peter.stone at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 21 11:38:10 PDT 2010

Hello All:

I'm new to this list, and I was would like to ask a question. I've been
reading Allan Gibbard's classic paper on lottery voting, "Manipulation of
Schemes that Mix Voting with Chance" (Econometrica 45, April 1977). The
proof of the main result is very dense and difficult, and I now find myself
stuck trying to figure it out. Is anyone familiar with the proof? If so, I'd
appreciate any help you can give me, particularly with Lemma 4. Thank you.
Feel free to contact me off-list if you prefer.

Yours Very Sincerely,

Peter Stone

Peter Stone

Political Science Department