[EM] A Proportionally Fair Consensus Lottery for which Sincere Range Ballots are Optimal

Warren Smith warren.wds at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 20:34:41 PST 2009

--yep.  Only reason I did what I did was simplicity (kind of a pain if
voters have to submit
both a range-type and a condorcet or approval-type ballot).
But your way is better in that it tends to yield a better winner than my way.

Also, note -- which is even more obnoxious -- we could have each voter
submit TWO ratings-style ballots,
the "honest range ballot" and the "dishonest range ballot"; then the
HRB is used to
decide between DHR and random ballot...

--
Warren D. Smith