[EM] STV and weighted positional methods

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 15:27:05 PST 2009

James,

Thanks but I don't need to read any references, the arithmetic is obvious.

In Borda there can be more than one candidate with majority approval
and the candidate with the *most* majority approval may not be the
plurality majority winner like it would be in a first round majority
winner in IRV.

Apparently your definition of majority winner, only includes first
choice winners, and that's OK, but then an obvious consequence of your
definition is that it compels you to admit that IRV finds "majority"
winners far *less* often than a primary/general election or esp. lots
less often than top-two runoff.

I mean *let's get real* and start telling it like it is.

Cheers,

Kathy

Kathy