[EM] language/framing quibble

Fred Gohlke fredgohlke at verizon.net
Tue Sep 23 07:49:02 PDT 2008

Good Morning, Raph

re: "The principle is that if you can't advance (best case
      scenario), then just make sure nobody else advances (2nd
      best scenario)."

Fortunately, people who would pursue such a course are rare.  The
majority of humans are rational, reasonable people.  They have to be,
for society could not exist otherwise.

re: "I doubt you could convert a zealot by a 20 min conversation."

Even at the lowest level in the proposal, triads have five days to make
a selection.

re: (with regard to "We can anticipate considerable tension in
      the later triads, and that gives the participants an
      opportunity to gauge the others' grace under fire.  That's
      a significant benefit of the method.")

     "Alternatively, if might mean that the final council ends up
      with quite a large range of sizes."

I have no idea what you are trying to say.  What 'range of sizes' are
you referring to?

Fred