[EM] language/framing quibble

Raph Frank raphfrk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 09:43:11 PDT 2008

On 9/23/08, Fred Gohlke <fredgohlke at verizon.net> wrote:
> Good Morning, Raph
>
>  re: "The principle is that if you can't advance (best case
>      scenario), then just make sure nobody else advances (2nd
>      best scenario)."
>
>  Fortunately, people who would pursue such a course are rare.  The majority
> of humans are rational, reasonable people.  They have to be, for society
> could not exist otherwise.

Maybe.  I guess it depends on how dedicated the 'zealot' minority is.

However, I could see it boosting the proportion of that kind of person
in the final council, zealots come in many forms, religious and
political.

>     "Alternatively, if might mean that the final council ends up
>      with quite a large range of sizes."
>
>  I have no idea what you are trying to say.  What 'range of sizes' are you
> referring to?

If you lose say 90% of your members per round, then the final council
will have a variable size.

If the 2nd last round has 100 people, that gives a council of 10, but
if it has 30, then that gives a council of 3 (or 30).