[EM] Geographical districts

Raph Frank raphfrk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 16:30:31 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 10:52 PM, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell at pobox.com> wrote:
> That seems wrong to me, but I don't have anything but subjective
> impressions. Certainly for my local city council and school board the
> community has no more consensus (and perhaps less) than one finds at the
> state level. If anything, differences become more pronounced locally.

I think there is to a certain extent a critical mass to democracy.
Resident's associations can be a serious issue, even if democratic.

Ofc, town meetings allow more direct democracy.  This may be more to
do with the lack of representation though.

I wonder would resident's associations work better if there was proxy
voting allowed.