[EM] NPV vs Condorcet

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Tue Oct 21 21:54:24 PDT 2008

If a Condorcet voter bullet votes, that is voting for one candidate.

An FPTP voter's only capability is to vote for one candidate.

We have exactly the same information from these two votes.  Take it from
the FPTP count and recount it into the N*N array by Condorcet rules and you
have exactly the same result from these two voters.

Not all Condorcet voters bullet vote, but this gives FPTP voters a chance
to participate until their states move up to Condorcet.

I thought, momentarily, about combining in other methods such as Range, and
do not see anything practical for such.

DWK

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:36:46 -0700 Bob Richard wrote:
> Please provide a simple example of a Condorcet matrix synthesized out of
> an FPTP ranking. Apparently I'm not understanding this at all -- maybe
> there *is* a way to look at this that doesn't involve truncation.  But
> I'm very sceptical of any proposal that involves aggregating different
> voting methods in various subjurisdictions into a single result.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --Bob
                  If you want peace, work for justice.