[EM] NPV vs Condorcet

Raph Frank raphfrk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 15:47:50 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Bob Richard
<lists001 at robertjrichard.com> wrote:
> Please provide a simple example of a Condorcet matrix synthesized out of an
> FPTP ranking. Apparently I'm not understanding this at all -- maybe there
> *is* a way to look at this that doesn't involve truncation.

The only way to do it for FPTP, is to assume that the voter bullet
voted.  (Well, unless you want each State to submit a single ranking.
 The strategy would be interesting.  Obtaining a 3rd place in a few
States would now be important.)

Approval could be considered a ballot with 2 ranks and equality allowed.