[EM] Multiwinner Voting Methods Request

Greg Nisbet gregory.nisbet at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 21:02:42 PDT 2008

There seems to be no shortage of single winner methods. I have learned
more single-winner voting methods than I can count on one finger since
Saturday.

Anyway, a large number of multiwinner methods are critical to the study,
so... these are the ones I know exist.

STV version of IRNR
Schulze STV
CPO STV (possibly n!, I don't remember)
STV (various counting procedures)
Contingent Vote can be made multiwinner
Cumulative Vote
Quota Borda System (n!) I think
SNTV
Block Vote
Preferential Block Vote
Limited Block Vote
Single winner methods naively made multiwinner: Approval, Borda, Range...
(There is no shortage of these)
RRV
PAV Proportional Approval Voting (n!)
PRV Proportional Range Voting (n!) still working out the bugs in this one.
PBV Proportional Borda Voting (n!) I see no reason why it wouldn't work.
PCV Proportional Condorcet Voting (n!) same comment as PBV

If anyone has more, please tell me.