[EM] Strategic Voting and Simulating It

Greg Nisbet gregory.nisbet at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 00:30:47 PDT 2008

I would like to know what is currently wrong with the strategic voting
simulations.

is.

The reason that the voters vote in stages and are apparently more willing to
support front runners is this:

1) This way as time goes on the situation will hopefully approach
equilibrium and we can call it a day.

2) The weight of each pseudovoter grows exponentially in Vote By Result.
Therefore if they support a front runner and abandon their favorite, you can
be damn sure the favorite wasn't viable.
*I revise my earlier idea. Instead I think the population size should grow
linearly (so that, little by little, pseudovoters are forced to make
compromises). Either that or have the weight grow subexponentitally.

So the two things I have proposed are Vote By Result and Probability
Feedback Loop. I think that in the last thread or so I explained them, so
tell me if something needs touching up.

The main purpose of this message however, is just to request some general
ideas for what should be included in a strategic voting simulator.