[EM] Why I think IRV isn't a serious alternative

Brian Olson bql at bolson.org
Tue Nov 25 18:14:28 PST 2008

Greg, you didn't actually say that IRV is good, you just said that
it's unlikely to be bad.
Why bother with something that's unlikely to be bad when we can just
as easily get something without that badness?
Oh, and actually it _is_ likely to be bad. See that first graph? See
how over thousands of simulated elections it gets lower social
satisfaction?