[EM] Happy election day, fellow Americans

mrouse1 at mrouse.com mrouse1 at mrouse.com
Tue Nov 4 15:08:06 PST 2008

You can call the county election office at any time to see if your vote has been received. The ballots are only counted on election day, and are secured beforehand. There are two envelopes -- a return envelope and a sealed secrecy envelope holding the ballot. On election day, all secrecy envelopes are separated from their return envelopes to ensure the vote remains secret.

Here is some more info on it: http://www.sos.state.or.us/executive/votebymail/